Hey all! Did you miss me? Life got crazy (loss of loved ones, graduated from college, switched jobs… you name it, I probably did it during this time) but I am back and ready for action! I hope you are ready for some great posts about some awesome things that I have been up to! I can’t wait to get started! 🙂
In times of great difficulties books can help you feel at home. A good book can make you forget about the terrible things happening for a short while. They transport you to somewhere far away, were the characters problems outshine yours for a little while. So during this turbulent time I urge you to pick up a old trusted book and lose yourself for a few hours. Let the story pour into your soul and help wash away the turmoil for a little while. Tonight I will pick up This Lullaby By: Sarah Dessen and forget for a little while. What are some books that you turn to when this world gets ot be too much?
Hey y’all! I know it’s been a while since I have been on, and I am sorry. I was so busy that I fell out of sorts with anything that had to do with fun. No books, at all, were read during this time. I am sad about that. But, guess what? I am officially on summer break! Woooohooo!!! (Technically I am taking 2 courses this summer, 1 at a time, but whose counting?!?! More time for reading!!) Which brings me to updating you on my current reading! I am finishing the Goddess Wars series by Kendare Blake. I am so thrilled to finally have time to enjoy this book! I am roughly 1/2 way through and if I continue my reading rate I will finish tomorrow night! Super excited!
Lets chat! What are you reading?
Well, because of the Super Bowl, the crazy weather and my large amount of Homework this weekend I was not able to post my Current Reading Sunday post. So lets do it today! Because I am so excited for my new book, I really can’t wait to share!
Currently Reading: The Witches: 1692
I am so excited to start this book! I received it for Christmas this year from my nieces and have been saving it to start when I need a new book rush. I have always been a history buff, and I have a special place in my brain for anything dealing with the Salem witch trials. I have not started it yet, but I will be tonight. I can’t believe I have waited this long to read it (I think hiding it from myself helped a little)!
Your turn: What are you currently reading?
I don’t know about you guys, but when I borrow out a book there is a strict protocol that is to be followed (Because, lets face it, a book is an extension of me, so if you are one of the select few I borrow to, feel special!).
There are a few things that I hate, hate , HATE when people do to my books like…
- Bend the corners to mark their spot (Use a book mark, a scrap of paper or ribbon, anything but bending the pages!!! The horror!!!)
- Write in it (Is it yours? no. So do not mark it like it is your territory! Again, use a scrap of paper or a sticky note to mark it if you need to comeback to it, no pencil and god forbid you write in PEN in MY BABY!!!!)
- Get it unnecessarily dirty (a little smuged is one thing, because lord knows I have been known to multi-task while trying to finish a book, but there is no need to drop it in a puddle or wreck its cover with pop…. gah!!)
- Not return it for a long period of time (Select people, if they tell me, can have for over a month. But if you aren’t that person, don’t push it. I would like to have my baby back safely sooner rather than later. Thanks)
- Not return it at all ( MY BABY!!! Why have you stolen it from me!! NOOOOOOOO)
Again, I don’t know about you, but I occasionally get very anxious over book borrowing, but I want them to read something amazing… so I borrow it out. Oh, well.
Your turn! What is on your rule list for book borrowing?